Welcome to Marco Fioretti's website!
I am a freelance writer, activist and teacher about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and their relation and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I teach, write, speak in public and participate to several projects about all these topics.
What have I done lately?
Here’s an interactive map, and below a partial list of my most recent writings and public activities:
- 2013/09/08: Pristina: Workshop on Open Data in and from schools
- 2013/06/26: Marseille: Workshop on Open Data in and from school
- 2013/06/16: Segni: Open Digital Technologies for Digital Innovation
- 2013/04/05: Minneapolis: Minneapolis: Catholics and the Openness Revolution
- 2011/10/20: Warsaw: Open-Data and Education
- 2011/05/11: Brasilia: Digital Inclusion at CONSEGI 2011
- 2010/11/09: Grenoble: social risks of Open Data and Open Government for transparency in politics
- 2010/10/01: Paris: Paris: Open Data, Open Society at the Open World Forum
- 2010/09/11: Vlora: How open formats, open data and open online services can make governments more effective, cost less and stimulate the local economy
- 2010/09/09: Linkoping: The crucial role of file formats in building and preserving Digital Media Cultures
- 2010/09/03: Budapest: OOoCon 2010: ODF scripting and ODF future
- 2010/07/28: Santander: Are citizens ready for Open Government?
- 2010/04/15: Granada: OpenDocument Traps
- 2009/11/03: Kathmandu: Quality education in a digital world
- 2009/09/14: Santo Domingo: Computers and Internet: sources of social exclusion or engines of education and human development?
- 2008/10/27: Quito: Talk to Quito Conference
- 2008/10/20: Bombay: Indian political party turns to FOSS
- 2008/07/29: Durham, NC: Ex-inmates apply open source to rehabilitation
- 2005/02/15: Dakar: Carovana X is heading for Senegal