Welcome to Marco Fioretti's website!
I am a freelance writer, activist and teacher about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and their relation and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I teach, write, speak in public and participate to several projects about all these topics.
What have I done lately?
This is a partial list of my most recent writings and public activities:
- 2015/09/28: WWW: Linux Basic and Advanced online courses
- 2015/09/01: Nantes: Introduction to Digital DIY
- 2015/06/23: WWW: DiDIY. An interview with Marco Fioretti
- 2015/01/01: Horizon 2020: Digital DIY Project
- 2014/11/26: Skopje: OGP Forum in Macedonia
- 2014/11/23: Pontelandolfo: Concrete opportunities for young people in rural areas
- 2014/09/20: WWW: Biourbanism and appropriate digital tech for Southern Italy
- 2014/08/30: Carpineto Romano: Sustainable development from the strength of small towns
- 2014/06/26: Valsamoggia: Make everybody know OSM and Open Data through tourism
- 2014/02/28: Valsamoggia: Biourbanism (and Open Data) in Emilia Romagna
- 2014/02/25: WWW: Transparency in Public Administrations: the Open Data way
- 2013/09/08: Pristina: Workshop: Open Data in and from schools
- 2013/06/26: Marseille: Workshop: Open Data in and from schools
- 2013/06/16: Segni: Open Digital Technologies for Digital Innovation
- 2013/04/05: Minneapolis: Catholics and the Openness Revolution
- 2011/10/20: Warsaw: Open Data in and from every school
- 2011/05/11: Brasilia: Digital Inclusion at CONSEGI 2011
- 2010/11/09: Grenoble: Social risks of Open Data and Open Government
- 2010/10/01: Paris: Open Data, Open Society at the Open World Forum
- 2010/09/11: Vlora: Open formats, data and services to improve governments and local economies
- 2010/09/09: Linkoping: File formats for building and preserving Digital Media Cultures
- 2010/09/03: Budapest: OOoCon 2010: ODF scripting and ODF future
- 2010/07/28: Santander: Are citizens ready for Open Government?
- 2010/04/15: Granada: OpenDocument Traps